Like a Phoenix rising from a destructive flame stronger than ever - that's this semester for me so far. More focused, more efficient, more productive, more social. I study more, dance more, play more. I'm finally starting to see results in my biomechanics research. I don't know where my time comes from but somehow I can juggle this workload. It probably helps that I don't have a lab course this semester, but unit-wise, this course load isn't any lighter. It's like new life after a disastrous end (except grade-wise, miraculously) to last semester.
This semester I've finally met a biology professor who doesn't make fun of creationism in lecture - in fact, I believe he's Jewish. He talks about evolution as a process and how back in his day, they didn't question why God designed things a certain way. He's also really funny and one of my favorite professors now. It's really inspiring.
I also happen to know at least one person in every class I'm taking. It makes it much easier to ignore the cold shoulder of my old roommate when we're in the same classes.
And yes, I've moved since last semester. Two of my old roommates are still pretending I don't exist as much as is possible, and it really stings. They were my three closest friends here the last three semesters, but even that gaping hole they left in my life is healing. It's been almost two months.
But that's the only depressing aspect of life right now. I'm getting closer to old floormates, students from my research team, and ballroom teammates through my classes and dancing. And I'm getting much closer to my fellow dancesport teachers/assistants. And I can't forget to thank my good friend and boyfriend (but always good friend), Sean, who's been here supporting me this whole time.
<3
And now, finally, I feel like I'm standing on my own feet. I feel ready for the next step in growing up - those graduate school applications and being financially independent. :)
But what happened to Eric?
ReplyDeleteEric and I broke up last fall. There are a lot of posts written about that process, actually. "Promises", "Thoughts for my Stalker", "Fear and Desire", and "The Difference" all have something to do with our breakup.
DeleteOh, I see. Hope it's for the best for both of you. Also, sorry if I'm getting too curious, but why did you move/why are your roommates ignoring you? I remember Karen (?) wrote a really nice poem about you a while ago.
ReplyDeleteI suppose this is called "thoughts for my stalkers" for a reason, although I hope you'll tell me your name, at least. The thing with my roommates is complicated. I suppose if you put four girls in a small space for long enough, there's bound to be drama of some kind.
Delete