Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Bed rest

I got my wisdom teeth out today. Gotta admit, I was really nervous. Whenever I had mentioned it to someone who had theirs out already, I heard about pain, swollen cheeks, and living off jello. I don't get it. The area under my chin is swollen,but I don't see the difference between me on painkillers and now. They should have worn off two hours ago. It's not that bad. But then again, Sean says I have a very high pain tolerance. I hope that's true and it's not that the meds are ineffective. At least there isn't nicotine in them like when Vladik broke his nose. Still. I'm not taking any more unless the pain really starts to bother me. Either that or the antibiotic is wreaking havoc on my digestive system.

Between my hurting mouth and them not allowing food or water between midnight and my operation at eight, I didn't eat much when I got home. I probably didn't dilute the meds enough but they made me feel nauseous around four, so I went to bed. (Before that, Eric had sat with me on the couch for two hours. Thanks ^^ Love ya.) I did make my mom buy jello and ice cream, but being Asian has its perks. My mom made me egg pudding at dinner. It wasn't a few bites before I felt nauseous again. I got up too fast to go to bed and nearly fainted on the stairs. That was the most meals I've skipped, ever. I guess the 72 Hour Famine would be a bad idea. They allow juice, but that would bring my blood sugar up like the ice cream and jello and yogurt did, and then I would just crash. Yogurt and ice cream even have some fat and protein.

My mom helped me to bed, where I am now, after a cup of sugar water to bring my glucose level up. Then she had me finish the egg pudding, about two eggs worth. I feel better now, and I'm typing this on my Kindle. I'll give a easy recipe or this No Chewing Needed protein

Chinese Egg Pudding (Ji Dan Gen)
Eggs. beaten
Soy Sauce
Sesame oil or other flavoring and seasonings to replace this and soy sauce
water

add about as much water to the eggs as there are eggs, maybe a little more
steam until the eggs are soft, but solid
season to taste


And that's it. My mom fed this to us when we were babies and didn't have teeth. They also used to cook eggs they way when she was little and the family only one egg a day (I may tell that story at another time) since you end up with more than you started with. Personally, I think It's very good. We eat it alone or mixed in our rice. Enjoy!

Love my stalkers : )

Yours truly,
Shasha ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey stalkers - if you don't have a blogspot/google account, please leave your name so I can get back to you, or just email me.