I was baptised today. It's Easter, one of the two days a year that my church does baptisms. The other is Christmas. Since I'm leaving for college soon (read: before the next baptism) I got baptised. It will serve as a reminder for me of the commitment I made, by making the commitment more tangible, and so others at my church can hold me to my commitment. I was really, really scared. The congratulations was very heart-warming, but I wasn't counting on the gifts.
I'd planned on getting a cross necklace to bring to college with me, also. My mom said she would get me one, but now there's no need. I got not one, but two cross necklaces. One is small and simple, sterling silver and maybe half-an-inch tall. The other, twice as big, thick, and ornate: the classic black and silver gothic-looking cross. My boyfriend, Eric, came to see me baptized. He liked the ornate cross, while I prefered the simple one.
I should explain about our two signatures. Mine is flowy and large, bordering on scribbly. His is understated, smaller, and subtle. That's why I found it so interesting that he would prefer the more ornate cross. Although he practices calligraphy, too, so that might have something to do with it. We may be influencing each other's taste.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Hey stalkers - if you don't have a blogspot/google account, please leave your name so I can get back to you, or just email me.