Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Happy Birthday Mom and Dad!






11-9-10 6:25PM Today we celebrated Mom and Dad's birthdays. They're one day apart. Dad's is tomorrow, but he'll be at my parent-teacher conference.


Dad came home with flowers for Mom; Jenny made them a card; Lisa and I have been working for a few days on a cake made of paper, autumn leaves, and flower petals. The theme was butterflies - I bought Dad a CD with 梁祝 (The Butterfly Lovers Violin Concerto) on it, because it's his favorite and we don't have a recording. Grandma and Grandpa made so much food, it's like celebrating 春节. It was absolutely amazing. Grandpa even made his famous 八宝饭, with an American twist. He added apples and pumpkin with the usual sticky rice and dates. All of us, except for Jenny, had a bit of wine. With the seven of us crowded around the kitchen table knocking our glasses together, we sang Happy Birthday. Mom and Dad sang, too, to each other.


So now we're done with dinner, listening to 梁祝. I'm going to miss this so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey stalkers - if you don't have a blogspot/google account, please leave your name so I can get back to you, or just email me.