Monday, November 1, 2010

Teachers understand the point of homework.

11-1-10 Monday 6:08PM I was talking to Mr. Kim after math team today. He asked me if I do my homework steadily or in spurts.
I said I was steadily behind in my homework.
He thought it was normal, with all this work that we get. "You just survive," he said. That's exactly it.
I told him that with math, at least, homework is only collected if we do poorly on the test, so I only do the homework when I need practice with the material. He agreed that that was the point of homework, and he's a math teacher! They get this - they understand - and so they are flexible.

Mr. Duell sophomore year let us sleep in class, because he knows we need it some days. He still expected us to know the material. That's perfect.
Leif lets us do homework during class sometimes, because he knows that during junior theme we'll be so stressed that this will totally help. I hope I won't have to take advantage of it too often.
Harper let us turn stuff in late if we had too much going on, as long as we told him we would need extra time. He even told me once that he would understand if I put biology on the back burner for a while.

And now Mrs. Flanigan might let me out of Chem once or twice a week to do Les Mis! That makes me so happy, because she knows I find the class easy (why isn't she offended?) and that I can still keep up. Anna, however, is doubtful. I hope I'll be able to join another AP Chem class on the days I miss. That would make things much easier.

Les Miserables! It's 184 pages long on piano, and Rosheger says things look promising. YES!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey stalkers - if you don't have a blogspot/google account, please leave your name so I can get back to you, or just email me.